Monday, January 4, 2010

The Last of Christmas Scrapping!

 promised here are pictures of the last scrapped project of the 2009 Christmas Season. I made a tag album for Christmas memories for Jess. It's housed in tissue rolls and is I think really cute. Its my first attempt at this sort of album and it went together quickly. The thing that really helped was cutting the icons with the Cricut and using one base color and then choosing background papers to coordinate with the background papers.


I used 7 rolls and I made 2 tags for each roll. I used the Tags Bags Boxes and More for the tags. The icons were cut from Joys of the Season.  The background papers came from the DCWV Christmas Stack. This stack had 180 sheets and some REALLY nice designs, many would be great for a 12x12 layout. I will be using this stack for a few seasons to come!

Christmas Tag Album
The front of the album with a belly band. I used the belly band to help keep the album together,  the "pages' don't really lay flat so the book fans out and takes up a lot of space!


I used red tags in every tube, but alternated with tan and green tags to make up the other tag in each tube.

This flower is the only element that is not truly Christmas. But it is red and I really liked the color and I embossed the brad in the center with UTEE and red pigment ink to get the color I wanted for the center.


















The snowman had such tiny cuts that I used my Micron pens to color in the scarf, hat, button, and eyes. For the hat I used a scrap of black card stock.



































The cuts on the left are the middles of all the ornaments that I used in the album.  Waste not want not!











The back cover, I love the snowmen, they came from the Doodlecharms cartridge. Its the only cut that wasn't from Joys.


Another last minute project was a card for a coworker. We had our Christmas the Sunday after Christmas due to schedules. It's a farm scene, because I at time with affection call her "cow"!  When I thought of what to make for a card, this was a natural.  The inside (which I didn't get a picture of) says, "Have a very Mooie Christmas!" LOL... I thought it was really funny.  There is also a gift card holder pocket cut from TBBM. It fit the card perfectly!

I made several of the cereal box gift boxes to hold the smaller gifts this Christmas and this is one of my favs. Its simple and just has enough bling on it to make you look at it and say "Ahhh, thats nice!". 





 I made several scarves, you know the fuzzy kind?  Well when you pack (and I mean pack) them into one of these, you have to tape the box cover down so that it doesn't spring out at the wrong time!




This was a great Christmas and I really enjoyed making so many different things and the learning that went along with it was wonderful!  


Please leave a comment, I would love to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate your comments!