Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Hello Everyone!  I love Christmas!  The only other holiday that comes close the the fun factor is Halloween. Thanksgiving is my family favorite and I look forward to this time of year for all the fun and good times spent with friends and family.

I have been crafting and creating and am so excited about the things that I have finished.  Last year I made Coco mugs for coworkers and this year, I am making mini albums.  The minis that I am making are the 1 page wandering minis that are quick to put together and look wonderful.  I have spent time decorating the cover and am leaving the insides plain so that they will have the opportunity to decorate them as they see fit. 

Here they are a few of them that I have completed so far.  I have a few more to make.  Luckily, I can make 2 or 3 in an evening. because the insides are blank and I use my Cricut to cut the tags for the inside of the minis!





I used DCWV paper from last years Holiday Collection and this years Christmas Combo 8x8 pack. What nice paper!  There are a few more but you get the idea, and the idea behind each is much the same.  I am going to make one of the little Pizza boxes that Mary from CardzTv  demo'd to pack them in. It will be nice to  have a small box to match the albums paper or color scheme. 


Months ago,. I was watching videos on Youtube and saw a memo board made on a Cookie Sheet done by Northrose42.  I was so very inspired by this that I had to 1 - buy the Create a Critter cartridge and 2 - make a board for myself.  

I was at Joann's and I love their Clearance Section... and was very happy to find some of the nicest paper I have ever seen.  It's by K& Company designed by Tim Coffey called Tuscan Sunflowers.  BEAUTIFUL Paper!  Anyway, that is what I used for my memo board and I have a sunflower boarder in my craft room!





 I also used cork paper from Karen Foster Design, that I cut in half and then trimmed both halves to fit the bottom of the pan. I stacked them so that they would be better able to handle tacks when I need to put something on it.  (the cork paper comes with an adhesive on the back... how hand is that!)

For Birthdays I used a stamp that I bought from AC Moore and don't remember the maker... but its a nice stamp with the months listed around the stamp and you can circle the month that you are using. I stamped 6 blank index cards on the front and back so that I can turn it over once the 6 moths are over and use them again.  
 
I have to say that I had some sheet magnetic material available and used it for some of the elements but it was not strong enough to work well through the paper, but store bough magnets worked well.

The clips on top are book binder clips and I will use them to hang the pan I might have to get larger ones but these seem to work for now. 

I will post again soon, as I have more projects to share...  Hope to "see" you again soon!


6 comments:

  1. LOVE those mini books and that tray is awesome as well! Thanks so much for sharing them with all of us! *Hugs* and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You have been busy! Everything looks great! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all - I think I could narrow it down to two: the first card and the cookie sheet project. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I think you've given me an idea for my DT project that's due...........TOMORROW! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Lord you have been busy! I know your friends will be thrilled - nice work!
    Sandy D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so great! I hope I'm able to eventually do things that look this great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate your comments!