Thursday, February 11, 2010

Project Thursday

I have been busy working with Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day coming up there is always someone that should be getting a card! A few layouts have been planned and I am going away for a little R&R this weekend so, I will be taking the camera with me to have pictures to go along with the pictures.  I will post them when finished!

Now for the cards:

Valentine's Day cards are fun and easy to do when you love the people you are giving them to. Here are a few of them ones that I have made.

Done with Heart Blocks Cuttlebug folder and a Fiskars edge punch. The hearts were covered with paint, chalk and the "be my valentine" is from the Wild Card Cricut cartridge.
This is a really small card. Measuring 3.5 x 3.0. The card is red on the outside but lined with a bright yellow. Paper punch, Hidie Grace flower, white ribbon and cuts from Wild Card Cartridge finish off this sweet little card.
I have a thought to do a series of cards based on Motown love songs. This is the first one. Stevie Wonder's "I just called to say I love you" was the idea here. Can you think of other songs?
On one of my favorite mail groups CCOTM (Cricut Cartridge of the Month) we discussed masculine Valentine's day card. This is my take on it. Wild Cart, Doodlecharms, and My Community carts were used for this and the paper is from the Safari pack from DCWV.
And my last card for this Project Thursday is a St. Patrick's Day card that I think is just too cute!  I love the paper doll cartridges and would love to have the Peach Keen Stamps for faces but that is not in my budget right now, as many of you kmow I want to get an ATG gun, so the stamps will have to wait. I found a great video on Youtube teaching you how to draw faces on dolls. So, I cut 20 faces using the blackout feature on PDDU and then watching the video again and again... until I got something I could live with I drew lots of faces.
Well, that's it for now. Please leave a comment, you know I love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate your comments!